- Entrance of Sultan Hasan Mosque- Madrasa complex by David Roberts
- Date created: 1838 The mosque occupies almost 8000 square meters in a location close to the Citadel of Cairo, it stands on the site of a lavish palace which had previously been built at great cost by Hasan’s father, Sultan al-Nasir Muhammad, for one of his amirs; Yalbugha al-Yahawi, and which was demolished to make way for the mosque. The construction of monumental buildings on this location was likely meant in part to create a pleasing sight for the Sultan to look down on from his palace in the Citadel.During the medieval era, an open square, known as Rumayla, lay between the mosque and the Citadel. Today the square is occupied by a large traffic circle and has been renamed Salah ad-Din Square. The square and the former hippodrome nearby (on the southwestern side of the Citadel) were historically used for military parades, equestrian games, and official ceremonies, thus giving the location added symbolic significance.The entrance portal is gigantic by the standards of mosque architecture and is 38 meters high. It was built at an angle projecting 17 degrees outwards from the rest of the wall to be visible from the Citadel.
- An-Nasir Badr ad-Din Hasan ibn Muhammad ibn Qalawun: Born1334/35 and died 17 March 1361 at the age of 27, was the Mamluk sultan of Egypt, and the seventh son of Nasir ad-Din Muhammad ibn Qalawun to hold office, reigning twice in 1347–1351 and 1354–1361. During his first reign, which he began at age 12, senior Mamluk amirs formerly belonging to an-Nasir Muhammad, dominated his administration, while an-Nasir Hasan played a ceremonial role.
- Very high-quality printing and rich materials.
- 300 strong and sturdy pieces that resist bending.
- Very well-cut and fully interlocking puzzle pieces.
- Colorful and durable.
- Puzzle Size: 47.5 x 32.5 cm when complete.